- Once your Family Travel Voucher has been purchased you will be contacted by the Family Travel Reservations team will work with the tour operator to get you booked onto your preferred travel dates.
- If for any reason we are unable to book you onto your preferred dates please refer to the Family Travel 30 Day Booking Guarantee to understand our refund policy.
- When booking in your travel dates, make sure you have your travel voucher number, traveller names and details of any special requirements (e.g. vegetarian etc)
- The Family Travel team will send an email to you confirming all of your booking information.
When will I get my ticket(s)?
- We recommend you purchase travel insurance as soon as your travel dates are confirmed.
- Our partner operator negotiates great deals with airlines ahead of time, purchasing tickets in bulk at different times throughout the year to provide you with the very best value for money. Unfortunately, this means there is no pre-set time when you will get your tickets other than in advance of your travel. Sometimes this can occur months in advance while in others, it’s 30 days or less prior to travel. Rest assured we have everything under control and no one has ever missed their flights in their 6-year history.
- Your tickets will be issued electronically, but are no longer needed by the airlines. Upon check-in, you just need to show your passport and visa.
Where will I have a stopover on my flight?
- We are not able to confirm if there will be a stopover or where that might be on your way to and from your chosen destination.When you purchased your group tour, we endeavour to find the best path to get you from your origin city (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane or Adelaide) to your destination. Most of the time, this means we need to go through a large hub airport to then connect with a domestic flight. We always seek to ensure the minimum amount of layover time that meets with the required transfer times set by the airlines and/or designated airports.If you wish to pay an additional cost to upgrade to a better, more direct flight path or to business class, you may contact SNA customer service and we can discuss the options available.
When will I get my itinerary?
- This Voucher you will receive post purchase serves as your tour itinerary. A detailed day-by-day summary of your hotels and other travel details will be sent to you at least one week prior to travel to ensure it is complete and accurate. Your confirmed hotel list is sent out seven days prior departure. This is because sometimes small details change at the last minute due to the complexity of travel to developing countries.
What about visa(s)?
- Our Operator SNA will be happy to assist you with any Visa requirements you may have. Each country has its own visa process which unfortunately can vary widely beyond our control. Developing countries are notorious for inconsistent processing, which is why we strongly suggest you leave it up to us to deal with it.
- We have dedicated customer service personnel to hand-hold your visa application through each step to ensure nothing goes wrong. Unfortunately, there is no pre-set schedule we can confirm other than you will receive them ahead of your travel. Please contact SNA if you have concerns about your visa.
- Alternatively, you are able to process your own visas directly with the countries consulate closest to you.
What are the refund and cancellation policies?
- Bound Round and SNA Tours have partnered together to bring you the best value-for-money deal possible. This means that once the 30-day Booking Guarantee Period ends, there will be penalties for cancelling.
- Once air tickets are issued, no refund is possible. Should there be a health or other serious issue, please contact Bound Round and SNA with supporting documentation and we will assess the claim on compassionate grounds. We strongly recommends Travel insurance and we can organise this. Simply email Boundround@boundround.com to receive 10% off your travel insurance.
Can I decide my travel flight path?
- SNA facilitate hundreds of travellers across dozens of dates and half a dozen origin cities. This means they need to have the flexibility to manage across multiple airlines and cannot provide each passenger or travel group with their own preferred flight path. The more direct flight path, the higher the cost. Admittedly, this is a trade-off when travelling at this amazing price.
Can I upgrade my flights?
- Yes, you can upgrade your International flights to Business Class for $3,000 per person. Please contact the SNA Customer Service team to discuss the details and update your booking. Please note domestic flights can only be booked in Economy.
TO BOOK YOUR HOLIDAY, PURCHASE ONLINE OR CALL 1300 404 100
Your China holiday will begin with an international flight to Chongqing.
DAY 2 Chongqing Arrival
Upon arrival at Chongqing Airport in the morning, you will be greeted by your tour guide and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day will be free for you to enjoy this amazing city.
*Please note: Due to flight schedule and departing times, you may arrival same day late at night
DAY 3 Chongqing, City Tours & The Giant Panda Viewing, Chongqing - Tianjin
Get out and explore Chongqing and visit the city’s signature sights on a guided tour. See the rare giant pandas at Chongqing Zoo’s breeding centre, admire the ornamental gardens and bridges of Eling Park, then stroll around Ciqikou - an authentic old-time village on Chongqing's fringes. After lunch, transfer to Chongqing Airport to the Ford of Heaven city, Tianjin. Upon arrival at Tianjin Airport, you will be met by your tour guide and transfer to your hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Due to flight schedule seasonality, you may be transferred by plane from Chongqing to Tianjin in the morning.
DAY 4 Tianjin - Beijing, Temple of Heaven, Hutong
In the morning you will transfer to Beijing and practice Tai Chi at the Temple of Heaven. Tai Chi is an internal martial art system which places emphasis on the development and control of Chi (consciousness) energy within the body. Afterwards explore Beijing's Hutong neighbourhoods on a guided rickshaw tour and visit a local family for lunch.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
DAY 5 Beijing - The Great Wall
Travel into the rugged mountains north of Beijing to the magnificent Great Wall of China. Once on top of this ancient defensive structure, you’ll find some sections are quite steep, but the views are magnificent and the experience is truly unforgettable. You will then learn about Jade, China’s most precious and celebrated stone, and its manufacturing process at the largest Jade factory in Beijing. If you have the energy, you may choose to join optional tours for Summer Palace in the afternoon. Beijing's Summer Palace contains a massive garden, bridges and ancient buildings used exclusively by royal members during imperial times.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch
DAY 6 Beijing- Tiananmen Square & Forbidden City, Beijing - Tianjin
Set out with your tour guide to discover Beijing’s imperial treasures. Stand in Tiananmen Square, one of the largest and grandest public plazas. Enter the imposing walls of the Forbidden City, once the exclusive domain of the Ming Dynasty, for an exclusive tour through this vast complex of courtyards and lanes. Afterward, experience the oriental foot massage at a traditional Chinese medical centre where you will learn about alternative treatments for illness and have the chance to consult a Chinese Medical professional. In the evening, transfer to Tianjin, tonight you will get an overview of Tianjin with a personalized walk-through the well-known Five Great Avenues, a visit to the Porcelain House, and a stroll around Ancient Culture Street and Italian Style Street.
Meals: Breakfast & Lunch
DAY 7 Tianjin to Xi’an
Transfer from Tianjin to Xi’an. Upon arrival in Xi’an, you will be met by your tour guide and escorted to your hotel. For a period of more than 1,000 years, Xi’an served as China’s capital city and remains home to a great number of precious relics and historical sites. Xi’an is best known as the starting point of the famous Silk Road and where the imposing Terracotta Army can be found. Take some time to relax ahead of your full day tomorrow.
DAY 8 Xi’an –Terracotta Warriors, Moslem Street
Today you will delve into Xian's incredible history. Xian was China’s first capital and remained so for 13 dynasties. The day starts with a tour of the Terracotta Warriors museum, the home of China's first emperor and considered the eighth wonder of the world. The warriors were discovered by accident as a farmer dug well in 1974. Ongoing archaeological exploration has since found more than 7000 soldiers, archers, horses and chariots. The warriors have guarded Emperor Qin’s tomb since 210BC. Each figure is unique and the painstaking repair and evacuation continues to this day. Please make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking. On the way to the terracotta warriors, you will visit a factory where you can learn more about the creation, conservation and history of the Warrior pits. After lunch, walk through the famous Moslem Street, where many delicious foods and souvenirs are available for purchase. In the evening, you may choose to enjoy a night of leisure or join our optional Tang Dynasty Show Performance and Dumpling Banquet.
Meals Breakfast, Lunch
DAY 9 Xi’an Departure
Today, you will be transferred to Xi’an International Airport for your scheduled flight home or you may choose to extend your stay and continue to explore other mesmerising cities.